Is it possible to make croissants without using butter and eggs and get a high-quality product that is just as good (or better) than a traditional croissant?
In this course you will learn that yes, it is possible and we will teach you how to do it, in a more ethical and sustainable way. And very tasty, of course!
If you are passionate about viennoiserie, but all the vegan croissant recipes you have tried have disappointed you, you are in the right place.
You will learn new techniques and tricks to make tasty, slightly sweet croissants with a good honeycomb, sweet filling creams and an impeccable appearance and taste, including a surprising salty option.
In addition, you will learn the importance of choosing the type of flour and a quality margarine to laminate.
And finally we will show you a creative way to take advantage of every last cut of the croissant dough.
To participate in this course it does not matter if you have notions of pastry or not. Whether you would like to prepare croissants at home, or if you want to offer quality vegan options in your shop, cafeteria or restaurant, this is your course! You just need a lot of desire to learn and enjoy.
· Theory and elaboration of vegan croissants:
· Classic croissant
· Bostock croissant with almond cream / yuzu syrup
· Pain au cookie: two-colours croissant with a cookie filling
· Pistachio and raspberry braid
· Cinnamon roll
· “Danish” croissant with apple, vanilla and yuzu
· Tiramisu croissant with amaretto cream / coffee glaze
· Pistachio kouign amann
· Savoury croissant with vegan cheese, dried tomato / fresh arugula
· Sliced bread with croissant dough cutouts
What is included in the price:
– Complete recipes book of the course.
– Dessert tasting at the end of the course.
How to attend?
Bring comfortable clothes and desire to learn and have a great time!
Place: Toni Rodríguez Academy – CAlle Industria 367, Barcelona
Time: From 16:30 to 20:30
Duration: 8 hours
Date: 6-7 July 2022
Trainer: Toni Rodríguez
Level: Pastry students or professionals and amateurs
Modality: The course is demonstrative with the option to participate in some elaborations
Price: 240 €
What is included: Recipes book and tasting of the desserts at the end of the course, tasting of the croissants at the end of the course.
How to attend? Bring comfortable clothes and want to have a great time
Availability: 3 places left