Contemporary vegan pastry course (intensive) 19 to 23 September (SP)
This course is like a trip. In it we synthesize the result of everything that we have investigated, discovered and developed in vegan pastry for 16 years, chewed, synthesized and reflected in a dossier of more than 70 pages.
In this course you will learn which vegetable ingredients can be used to replace the animal ones and how to use them correctly and in the right proportion, depending on the preparation.
You will learn different techniques to make quality vegan desserts, without using eggs, dairy products, gelatin or honey.
We will explain how to reduce saturated fats and prepare less sweet preparations with more intense flavors, depending on the type of dessert to be prepared.
In addition, 80% of the preparations that we prepare in this course are gluten-free.
We have been studying the technology of ingredients for more than a decade and in this course we teach it in such a way that in a few days our students know if a recipe can work or not just by reading it.
To substitute ingredients in a dessert, it is essential to understand what properties those ingredients have and what function they fulfill.
Thanks to the knowledge of the fundamentals you will be able to understand what function we need in each preparation, find what combination of ingredients (and in what quantity) fulfill the same function, so you will be able to design your own desserts.
And this cannot be done “by eye”. Pastry is very technical: for the ingredients to be transformed and the recipe to come out perfect, some physical and chemical principles have to be given, yes or yes. There has to be a precise transformation. That’s what’s complicated.
Luckily for you, that trial-error work has already been done by us.
In this course you will learn different techniques to:
– Make quality vegan desserts (without eggs, dairy products, gelatin and honey).
– To be able to offer gluten-free alternatives for the production of biscuits, sablés and crumbles.
– Reduce saturated fats and make less sweet preparations depending on the type of dessert to be made and with more defined flavors.
The 6 keys of the course:
– You will learn different techniques and elaborations of vegan pastry.
– We will help you facilitate the preparation and production of vegan desserts.
– You will know the technology of the ingredients used.
– You will get desserts with more intense flavors, thanks to the reduction of fats and sugars.
– You will work with truthful and well-explained recipes
– You will be able to respond to a global demand with very little supply.
To participate in this course it is advisable (but not mandatory) to have basic notions of pastry, o enroll to Vegan pastry Essentials course first. But above all a great desire to learn and enjoy.
Whether you like to prepare desserts at home, or if you want to offer quality vegan options in your cafeteria or restaurant, this is your course!
· Introductory talk about the evolution of vegan pastry.
· All the theory of the elaborations that we are going to make during the course.
· Learn to adapt the recipes according to your needs.
· Nutritional information of the ingredients used in the desserts to be elaborated.
· Preparation of entremets, petit gâteaux, cakes, macarons, brioches, verrines and gâteau de voyage.
· Tasting of all the desserts made during the course and tasting box for each student.
What will you learn?
·Evolution of vegan pastry in the last 15 years.
·Nutritional value of the ingredients that we will use throughout the course.
·The theory about biscuits and sables and how to adapt the recipes to make them gluten free.
·How to replace the egg and dairy products in the production of creams, interiors, ganaches, whita and milk chocolates and homemade margarines.
·The theory of how to replace gelatin, meringue and dairy products in the preparation of mousses.
·The theory of how to replace gelatin, dairy and chocolates in the production of glazes.
– Description and function of the ingredients in vegan pastry
– Veganizing traditional and modern pastry elaborations
– Facilitate the production and / or elaboration of vegan pastry
– Knowledge of the techniques and technology of the ingredients
– Get purer flavors
– Veracity of recipes
– Respond to a global demand with very little supply
·Egg-free Macaron with cream or ganache.
·Egg-free Brioche with our own olive oil margarine.
·Biscuits, crumbles and sables with and without gluten.
·Creamy fruits, nuts and caramel with different stabilizers to obtain different textures
·Crunchy textures with and without gluten.
·Mousses with different stabilizers and meringues according to the desired use.
·Shiny and matt glazes with different fruits, chocolates and gelling agents.
·Create our own vegan white chocolate and “milk” chocolate.
– Briotón: brioche made with homemade olive oil margarine, candied fruit, vegan milk chocolate and almond gianduja topping.
– Pistachio macaron: Made with vegan egg white, with pistachio buttercream and fresh raspberries (gluten-free).
– Fuji: Almond and coconut sugar crumble, pecan sponge cake, reconstructed pecan crumble, caramel cream, pecan cream, whipped vanilla ganache (gluten-free).
– Lemon pie: Almond sablé, lime sponge cake, lemon gel, candied lemon and ginger, lime and lemon cream, passion paint glaze.
– Decadent: Hazelnut dacquoise, crunchy hazelnut praline, hazelnut cream, gourmet glaze, ganache montée, chocolate and hazelnut glaze.
– U-zu: Sablé GF, tangerine sponge cake, mango cream, yuzu mousse, coconut cream, neutral glaze, mango brunoise and lime peel (gluten-free).
– New Berry Whyte: Berry cake, almond crumble, berry gel, reconstructed crumble, berry cream, homemade ginger whipped cream, raspberry glaze.
– Ringo: GF chocolate cookie, GF brownie, whiskey and coffee ganache, 70% chocolate ganache, 70% chocolate mousse, chocolate paint glaze, chocolate glaze (gluten-free).
– Big Bonbon: textured EVOO, lemon cake, ginger gel, vanilla and yuzu ganache, reconstructed crumble.
Place: Toni Rodríguez Academy – Calle Industria 367, Barcelona
Date: From 19 to 23 September 2022
Time: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Duration: 40 hours
Level: Pastry students or professionals and anyone who has interest and curiosity about gastronomy.
Modality: The course consists of a theoretical and a practical parts, where the chef and the students will prepare the recipes together.
Trainer: Toni Rodríguez
Price: 1.800 €
What is included in the price?
· 40 hours of theoretical and practical classes distributed over 5 days.
· Complete dossier with theory and recipe book of the course
· Apron with the academy logo
. Ingredients, tools and material
· 100% plant-based daily lunch prepared with love by our team.
· Tasting of the desserts prepared during the course
· Training certificate signed by Toni Rodríguez.
How to attend the course?
Bring comfortable work clothes (jacket or chef’s shirt) and desire to have a great time!
Availability: 2 places left